Name of the project: ONE (Observatory Network to Enhance ICT Structural Funds Absorption
Duration: 1. 1. 2012 – 30. 6. 2014 (30 months)
Funding: INTERREG IVC, (ERDF)
Priority: Innovation and the knowledge economy
Theme: The Information Society
The ONE project aims at improving regional capacity for planning investments in ICT through setting up of a network of regional ‘observatories’ in Poland, Germany, Italy, the Czech Republic, UK, France and Cyprus. Thanks to the creation of these ICT observatories, partner regions seek to enhance the conditions within their innovation frameworks by documenting ICT penetration processes, making data available to relevant public and private stakeholders, and helping with evaluation of ICT initiatives. Project partners tackle the framework conditions for the generation of knowledge and the development of new ICT products and services. This requires taking into consideration varying framework factors, i.e. institutional, organisational, technical, and relational. Thanks to the activity of ICT observatories, ONE takes action to enable decision-makers to make informed choices about ICT investments based on ex-ante and ex-post analyses of their territories.
Study visits and thematic workshops allow ONE partners to exchange experiences and know-how, whereas in-depth analysis and transfer of expertise is further ensured through staff exchange missions. As a result partners will create a set of guidelines on how to develop and exploit ICT observatories in order to reach an optimal investment planning of resources dedicated to ICT.
- to transfer existing ICT observatory models to regions that have already recognised the need of such a decision support tool organisation towards a better ICT policy planning;
- to further exploit ICT observatories, enabling common strategies/methodologies in a coordinated way;
- to promote the community created through ONE to raise awareness in other EU; regions about the importance of better tailor ICT interventions towards specific regional needs, thus enhancing absorption rate of ICT funds.
- community of interested regions to be federated in the future;
- methodology set of guidelines on how to develop and exploit ICT observatories to reach an optimal investment planning of resources dedicated to ICT;
- 9 implementation plans providing a roadmap for the integration of the expertise acquired during the project lifetime.